Help The Children’s Playhouse survive and thrive
Did you know that the per-person-per-visit cost of running The Children’s Playhouse is almost $3 more than the $6 admission fee? Memberships, admission fees, and class fees cover less than 30% of our expenses. The continued success of this valuable community asset depends on donations from individuals like you. Please give today!
All donations to The Children’s Playhouse (501c.3 EIN#27-0065653, NC Charitable Solicitation License #SL005830*) are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Fifty dollars will buy a roll of butcher paper and a gallon of washable paint! $125 will provide a low-income family with a one year membership to The Children’s Playhouse. $500 will keep us in art supplies for four months. Donations may also be mailed to The Children's Playhouse, 400 Tracy Circle, Boone, NC 28607.
Help Keep The Playhouse Accessible to Low Income Families
As parents grapple with “Big People” problems from mounting bills to mounting stress, The Playhouse provides a space for play and love, a time for families to reconnect and renew. Your help is needed to keep The Children's Playhouse accessible and the quality of our services high for all families. A donation of $100 will provide a free membership for a low-income family, but please click below to make a donation of any amount.
*Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the North Carolina State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 919-807-2214. This license is not an endorsement by the state.
Looking for other ways to give?
Playhouse Wish List
These are items both big and small that would help us with our mission. Maybe you have one of these squirreled away in your attic or would like to pick one up at the store! Check back as this list changes from time to time. . .
- Vacuum cleaner, high quality like Oreck (will be used a lot!)
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Liquid soap
- Herbal tea bags (caffeine free)
- Sugar and stevia packages
- Cloth hand towels or washcloths
- HE Laundry detergent
- Pantry items: flour, salt, cream of tarter, baking soda, white vinegar
- Printer/copy paper—letter, legal and 11”x 17” size.
- Pine cones, acorns, "wood cookies" (branches sawed into disks)
- Small scraps of wood
- Books on topics such as discipline (Parenting with Love and Logic, for example), nutrition, and developmental stages (the Your Three Old, Your Four Old ,etc books) for parenting library.
- Non-toxic bulbs, plants, and flowers for our play yard
- Dress-up clothes in good condition.
- Volunteers willing to teach classes in music, science, and art.
- Carpenters and designers to create new exhibits and make repairs to our facility.